Precision medicine is known to be very beneficial to any individual’s healthcare needs.
Following are some of the potential benefits of precision medicine:
- Access to patient’s genetic information by doctors to enable them to provide long-term medical care.
- Better approach to finding out the underlying mechanisms behind the occurrence of various diseases.
- Develop personalized patient-centric treatments.
- Improved assimilation of patient data in Electronic Health Records (EHRs) for easy access to doctors and researchers.
Some of the other advantages of the Precision Medicine Initiative are listed below:
- Use and design of new tools for creating, analysing, and sharing medical data in a big way.
- Privacy and confidentiality of patient’s data maintained in a better way.
- Opportunity for more number of people to participate and contribute to new researches.