The prognosis of genetic condition is understanding the likely course of the genetic disorder, this includes the duration and outcome, as well as the management of the disease.
Disease prognosis can reveal the following with regard to the condition:
- Life expectancy of an individual with that particular disorder
- Analysis of signs and symptoms, and whether they worsen over time or how to manage them
- A person’s quality of life and how they can influence their daily activities
- Potential complications or associated health issues if any
- Prognosis of the disease is specific to individual and their condition, when it was diagnosed and their current lifestyle situation.